Amazon has announced Amazon Local Selling, allowing Amazon sellers to offer in-store pickup and fast delivery to local customers. Marek Różycki and Ian Kerr discuss:
- Is this what eBay should have done years ago?
- Offering customers faster delivery via click-and-collect and local same-day delivery options at no extra charge
- Giving visibility of local stock via Amazon marketplace
- Sellers using their own delivery capacities
- Value-added services, and competitors such as Enjoy Technology
- Amazon enabling omnichannel retail
- eBay parcel lockers and PUDOs
- Is this announcement from Amazon a wake-up call for eBay?